Set up SmartBox with a VGA Cable
Ensure that you have either a VGA port in your laptop OR that you have a Mac with a Mini Display Port.
To prepare the visual display of the LCD Projector:
- Plug VGA Cable (w/shorter audio jack) into VGA connector inside SmartBox. If you need sound from your laptop, plug the audio cable into the audio jack in the SmartBox.
- Pictured left: Plug the other end of the VGA Cable (w/longer audio jack) into VGA port in laptop. If you need sound from your laptop, plug the audio cable into the audio jack in your laptop. Pictured right: You may need an adapter if you have a Mac. Images from TechMeHub and Amazon.
- Press button On on right of SmartBox (pictured above). It will need some time to warm up before the light turns green.
- Press Laptop button on left of SmartBox (pictured above).
To prepare the audio for the LCD Projector:
- Turn speakers on from the Smartbox. Switch is located on outside of Smartbox on the lower left side. I=On, O=Off. Make sure VGA audio jacks are plugged into Smartbox and laptop.
- Adjust volume by pressing up and down arrows inside box.
- Adjust volume from computer (make sure volume is not muted).