Prior to applying category weights, you MUST have already created gradebook categories. You can check what existing categories you already have for each semester here. Note: These instructions are for Term categories (T1) ONLY. Please refer to these instructions if you want to set up Semester weights (S1).
To apply category weights:
- Log into PowerTeacher Pro.
- Click on Settings.
- Click Traditional Grade Calculations.
- Make sure the class you want to set up category weights for is selected (the reporting term details for the class will expand when selected).
- Click the actions icon in the T1 Reporting term.
- In the left Type column, change Total Points to Category Weighting in the dropdown menu.
- Select the category in the Attributes column.
- Enter the category weight in the Weight column. To add additional categories, click the plus button in the upper right and follow steps 6-8 again.
- Make sure your weights all add up to 100.
- Click Save.