Semester weights (S) are different from category/term weights (T) because this is what separates the final weight (E) -- typically between 10 to 15% of the overall grade -- from the non-final weight.
Please note: These steps ONLY apply if your setup is not Term=85% and Final=15% (as this is the default for PowerTeacher Pro users).
To apply semester weights:
- Navigate to PowerTeacher Pro and click on Settings.
- Click on Traditional Grade Calculations.
- Click on the course you want to set up.
- Select the pencil icon under S1 actions.
- Make sure Term Weighting is selected for "Type". Then enter a Weight for Term (T1 or T2), and enter a Weight for Exam (E1 or E2).
- Click Save.
Click here to learn how to set category weights.