Participants must meet the following minimum technical requirements:
- Device: Mac, Windows, iPhone, or Android with Zoom app installed. Back-to-School-Night will not work for Chromebooks
- Zoom Version: At least version 5.3.0+. Click here to install the most up-to-date version of Zoom.
What to expect at the virtual Back-to-School Night:
Back-to-School Night will be hosted in a Zoom meeting with self-selected breakout rooms for each teacher. You will not see these breakout rooms as options until the host has activated the breakouts. Here is what to expect on a Mac, Windows, or phone.
Upon launching the Zoom meeting, you will be prompted to log into Clever, a portal that provides participants with an additional layer of security. Clever logins will be sent to you from "O'Dowd Tech" with subject line: "How to Join Us for Back-to-School Night".
Frosh and sophomore parents are invited to join teachers on during the first virtual event, while junior and senior parents are invited to join teachers during the second event.
Schedule for the Evening:
- 5:30 - 5:40 Welcome & Introductions
- 5:42 - 5:52 Period 1 Breakout Room
- 5:55 - 6:05 Period 2 Breakout Room
- 6:08 - 6:18 Period 3 Breakout Room
- 6:21 - 6:31 Period 4 Breakout Room
- 6:34 - 6:44 Period 5 Breakout Room
- 6:47 - 6:57 Period 6 Breakout Room
- 7:00 - 7:10 Period 7 Breakout Room
- 7:13 - 7:23 Period 8 Breakout Room
- 7:25 - 7:30 Wrap Up