Bishop O'Dowd uses a system called FollowMe-Printer, which allows you to print your document from a printer of your choice by logging into the system from the printer. This gives you the freedom to print and pick up your document at your convenience. Follow these steps to install the FollowMe-Printer on your Mac:
Install the Printer
- Click here to access the FollowMe-Printer driver. Download and save the driver to your computer. (If you get a warning that the file might be dangerous, click Download Anyway.)
- Go to your Downloads folder (or wherever you saved the driver) and click to open it. This should mount the driver on your desktop.
- Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of your computer, then click System Preferences: Printers & Scanners.
- Click the + then select the globe icon on the Add Printer window. Fill out the Add Printer info exactly as you see here:
Protocol: Line Printer Daemon - LPD
Use: Select Software... then select Kyocera TASKalfa 5501i (KPDL)
- The printer will now be installed.
Confirm and Send Your Account Name
- To verify your computer account name, click the Apple icon in the top left corner of your computer, then click System Preferences: Users & Groups.
- Click the lock icon and enter your computer's password. Once it is unlocked, right-click on your user name and click Advanced Options...
- Find your Account name on the Advanced Options screen.
- Using your school email address, send the following email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Subject: Mac Account Name for Papercut
Body: Please add my account name to my Papercut account: <<Account name>>
You will receive confirmation from the Tech Department when your account is active.
If you need assistance installing the printer on your Mac, come to room 209 to visit the Tech Department.