If a Turnitin user password is forgotten or the initial user welcome e-mail is not received, the password can be reset via secret question or e-mail. To reset a password via e-mail, the user information must contain a valid e-mail address. Turnitin cannot send password reset information to any other e-mail.
E-mail password reset:
- Go to www.turnitin.com
- Click on the "Log In" button to go to the login page
- Click on the "Reset Password" link below the login fields.
- Enter the e-mail address associated with a Turnitin user profile and your last name. Click on the "Next" button
- An email will be sent to you with a link to reset your password
- From the email that was sent to you, click on the password reset link or paste it into your browser
- On the password reset page, you must enter a new password and log into Turnitin using the e-mail and new password for your profile
- Enter a new password and confirm it. Click on the 'Next" button
- Click on the link to return to the homepage, then log in as usual.
Warning: If you do not receive the e-mail containing the password reset link, make certain that the e-mail service is not filtering this e-mail from email@example.com to spam or junk mail. Add firstname.lastname@example.org to the e-mail contact list or contact your e-mail service for more information on ensuring this important password reset e-mail is able to be received.