After you have created an account, you will need to create a sign up sheet. For the parent-teacher conferences, each meeting should be scheduled for 10 minutes with each meeting in intervals of 15 minutes so that you have 5 minutes to prepare for the next meeting. The screenshots with red text are items that have been predetermined by the O'Dowd administration.
- Go to Calendly.com and sign up or sign in by clicking My Account.
- Click Event Types. By default, you will have three pre-existing meeting events.
- Create a new event by clicking on Add Event Type.
- Click One-on-one.
- Choose an event name.
- Enter the duration of each meeting.
- In the description box, describe the goal of the meeting type. See the example below:
I look forward to meeting with you and your child in Room ____ to discuss your child's academic progress.
- Scroll down to adjust the time ranges to match your availability. Designate the exact date range. The On and Off button will make full days available or unavailable. If you need to customize the time during each day, click the Edit button that corresponds with each day. You will have an option of adding multiple time-frames (which will allow for breaks, classes, lunch, etc.) within each day by clicking Add Another Interval.
- Set the date ranges that your meeting is designated to occur.
- Optionally, click on the box that says Add/Edit Questions for Invitee and click on the the pencil icon to create or edit any customized questions. Save your work there.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save Changes.
- For instructions on how distribute your sign up sheet, click here. If you later decide you want to edit or delete your sign up sheet, click here.