After you have created an account, you will need to create a sign up sheet. For the parent-teacher conferences, each meeting should be scheduled for 10 minutes with each meeting in intervals of 15 minutes so that you have 5 minutes to prepare for the next meeting. The screenshots with red text are items that have been predetermined by the O'Dowd administration.
- Go to Calendly.com and sign up or sign in by clicking My Account.
- Then click Event Types. By default, you will have three pre-existing meeting events.
- Create a new event by clicking on Add Event Type.
- Click One-on-one.
- Choose an event name.
- Enter the duration of each meeting.
- In the description box, the O'Dowd administrators have provided a standardized message for you to customize.
I look forward to meeting with you and your child in Room ____ to discuss your child's academic progress.
- Scroll down to adjust the time ranges to match your availability during the week of parent-teacher conferences. Designate the exact date range when parent-teacher conferences occur. The On and Off button will make full days available or unavailable. If you need to customize the time during each day, click the Edit button that corresponds with each day. You will have an option of adding multiple time-frames within each day by clicking Add Another Interval.
- Set the date ranges that Parent-Teacher Conferences are designated to occur.
- Click on the box that says Add/Edit Questions for Invitee.
- Click on the the pencil icon to create or edit a customized question.
- Add a question that says "Your child's name" so that you have a better idea of which parent you are meeting with. Click Save.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save Changes.
- Your sign up sheet will be hosted on the Parent Portal of the school website, so for instructions on how distribute your sign up sheet, click here. If you later decide you want to edit or delete your sign up sheet, click here.