Important! You can only take attendance on school days. Prior to the first day of school, Step 2 below will be unavailable!
- Login to Powerschool by visiting http://ps.bishopodowd.org/teachers/ or using the link on the Bishop O'Dowd HS Faculty & Staff portal.
- Click the chair icon next to your homeroom or attendance period:
- If all of your students are present, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click "Submit". Note: You MUST submit the otherwise empty page to register attendance for the day! Proceed to Step 7.
- If you have absences, select "X (Absent)" from the "Current attendance code:" dropdown:
- Click in the empty box next to each student who is absent. This will cause an "X" to appear in the box.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Submit".
- Once back at the Start page, you should see a green dot indicating that your attendance was successfully submitted.
If a student comes in after you have submitted attendance, you can click the chair and go back to update.
- To change a student from Absent to Present, make sure the "Current attendance code" is set to "(Present)" and click the "X" of the student in question, then click "Submit".
- To change a student from Present to Absent, set the "Current attendance code" to "X (Absent)" and click the empty box next to the student in question, then click "Submit"
Finally, the office will handle any other codes and can correct or update any submitted attendance.