To add members, start from the Course Profile by selecting a course from the Courses dropdown menu at the top of the page. For a complete list of your courses click the See All link at the bottom right of the Courses dropdown menu. You can add members to your section by distributing the Course Access code or by using the Add Members button (Enterprise). Depending on the settings in place at your school or organization, you may not see some of the options below.
Use the Add Members Button
Depending on the settings in your school or organization, some instructor accounts will have an Add Members button in their Members area. Instructors with this button can add members by following these steps:
- Select the Members tab in the left menu.
- Click on the Add Members button.
- Search for the student.
- Click on the student you want to add to your class.
- That student will be highlighted in green, with a checkmark next to their name. You will also see how many students you have selected, if you are adding more than one student.
- Click Add Members to finish.
- You will see this message to confirm you addition.
Use an Access Code
Each course has a 10-digit Access Code (in a green box) located near the bottom of the left menu, and also in the Members page located in the left menu.
You can distribute this code to your students to allow them to register for Schoology on their own. Students with existing Schoology accounts can use the Access Code to join your class without having to create a new account.
Note: If your Access Code is being used by people other than your students, go to the Members page and reset the code in the green box. This will generate a new code, rendering the old one obsolete. Students already enrolled in the course will remain enrolled.
You can manually approve new members before they can join the course even if they use the Access Code. To do so follow these steps:
- From the Course Profile, select the Members tab in the left menu.
- Find the Require Approval checkbox below the Access Code in the green box to the right.
- Enable the checkbox.