When you create a session in Blackboard Collaborate, you can use the Public Link to make it easier for participants to join.
Follow these simple instructions to use the Public Link for Blackboard Collaborate sessions.
- Create a session using Blackboard Collaborate.
- Click on Public/Guest Link. A link will appear.
- Highlight and Copy that link.
- Paste or add the link into an email or update, to send out to participants.
- Participants just need to click on the link to join the Blackboard Collaborate session.
- They will be directed to a Blackboard Collaborate page where they enter their name and download a meeting.jnlp file, which they need to launch.
- Follow the on screen instructions to launch the Blackboard Collaborate session. You may need to allow a security setting and confirm an agreement to continue.
- The Blackboard Collaborate session should launch.
If you encounter issues using Blackboard Collaborate, please contact Tech Support.