The Grading Groups feature allows teachers to group students into groups within a single course section. These groups can be assigned graded material as if they were individual students and they can be displayed as individual groups in the course gradebook.
Grading groups are a great way to associate students of the class to group projects, ECPs, or other specific criteria. To create a grading group, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Members area of a course.
- Hover over the area to Organize members into Grading Groups on the right-hand side, and click the button to Add Grading Group.
- Enter a group name in the form that appears.
- Click on students in the course that you'd like to include in the group. If you have a large number of students, consider using the Search field to find specific students.
- Once you've selected the students of the group, click the button to Create Grading Group to complete.