Online course agreement forms created as a Schoology quiz allows you to:
-input student grades directly into the gradebook
-collect digital signatures
-save a printable version of the form
To Set It Up:
1. Navigate to a course and click on Add Materials, then Add Test/Quiz. NOTE: You can also create a Course Info & Agreement form in My Resources.
2. Enter a name and point value. Click on Submit.
3. Click on + Add Question and then + Text.
4. In this section, you should put in your course overview and expectations.
5. After you've added your course overview and expectations, click on + Add Question and then + Multiple Choice.
6. Your multiple choice question should look like this. Make sure that both items are check marked as the Correct Answer.
7. Click on the Settings tab and change the settings to your specifications. NOTE: For a low-stakes item like this, allowing students to take this an Unlimited number of times is recommended.
8. When you're done, click on Save Changes.
Your Course Info & Agreement will show up in your course.
What Students See:
Students see the Course Agreement show up in their Upcoming list, like with any other graded item.
1. They can click on it to go to the test profile page.
2. They go through this like any other test item.
3. They should check mark both items, then click on Submit.
4. They'll be asked to confirm their submission.
5. If submitted successfully, they will see this confirmation appear at the top of the page.
What the Teacher Sees:
1. When students complete the Course Info & Course Agreement, teachers get a notification.
2. Students that submitted it will have a grade; students that did not submit it will have an asterisk.
3. The grades are also automatically transferred over to the Gradebook in Schoology.