You can sync grades from Schoology to PowerSchool using a feature built into PowerTeacher Pro.
A. Set up your PowerSchool categories. Without this step, you will be unable to map to the proper category. Categories typically carry over from year to year, so you may not have to create all categories.
C. Map Schoology Categories to PowerSchool Categories. Before you can sync individual assignments from Schoology to PowerSchool, grading categories within each system will need to be aligned. This only needs to be done at the beginning of each semester or whenever a change has been made to your grading categories. Please note that different courses will need to be configured separately.
- In Schoology, select a course to set up and create grade categories.
- Go to PowerSchool and click on the Sync icon for the class that you want to sync assignments.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Setup Categories. Horizontally line up each category so that the appropriate Schoology category is mapped to the PowerSchool Category. (Ex: Homework >> Homework)
- Click Save Mapping.
D. Sync Grades
- In PowerSchool, click on the Sync icon for the class that you want to sync assignments.
- Locate a Schoology assignment that you want to sync to PowerSchool. If this assignment does not exist in PowerSchool, select Create New Assignment in the dropdown. If you want to sync the Schoology assignment to an existing assignment in PowerSchool, select the assignment name from the dropdown menu.
- Click Sync Now.
Q: What should I do if a student turns in an assignment late?
A: After updating the student’s grades in Schoology, click Sync Grades in PowerSchool to re-sync an assignment. You can also update the grade directly in PowerSchool.
Q: If I click sync once, will my assignments and grades automatically update with future changes?
A: No, each time you update grades in an assignment, you will need to Sync again in PowerSchool. If you need to update the assignment name, the due date or the point value of an assignment, you will need to do it in both Schoology and PowerSchool.
Q: If I make changes directly in PowerTeacher Pro, will Schoology also update?
A: No. Grade syncing only works in one direction, from the Schoology to PowerSchool gradebook. In the case that you choose to delete an assignment in Schoology, you will also need to delete the assignment in PowerSchool.
Q: I accidentally linked a Schoology assignment to the wrong PowerSchool assignment. What should I do?
A: To undo an assignment link, delete the assignment in PowerTeacher Pro. Then, go to the sync page and attempt to sync again. The system will realize that the PowerSchool assignment is no longer there and it will remove the link, leaving you free to sync the assignment to the correct place.