Updates are meant to be brief messages posted to your group. When updates are posted to your group, they will appear in the Updates section of your group as well as on each in the Recent Activity area of members in your group.
By default, any member can post updates and create discussions. If you are a group administrator, you can limit this ability to only other group administrators. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to Group Options in the left menu of the group page and click on Edit Privacy/Group Settings.
- Change your group membership settings as you need them.
- Click the Save Changes button to complete.
You can post a Poll in your group to receive live feedback as members vote. To create a poll, please follow these steps:
- Select a Group Profile from the Groups dropdown.
- Type an update in the text box at the top.
- Click on the Poll icon under the text box.
- Two fields will appear by default. If you'd like to add more options, click on the Add Option link below the fields.
- Click Post to complete!
Note: You can also create group updates from the Home page by clicking on the Update link near to the top of the page, and following the steps above.