Find the MAC Address on a Windows 7 Computer
1. Open the Windows Command Prompt.
a. Click the Start menu. Type Command Prompt in the search box & press Enter.
b. Click on the Command Prompt, displayed in the search results.
2. In the Command Prompt, type the following command & press the Enter key: getmac
3. The MAC Address for each network card in the computer will display in the Command Prompt window.
- The Physical Address: This is a 12-digit number also known as the MAC Address of your Network Adapter.
- The Transport Name: This is the location of the Network Adapter.
4. If you see Multiple MAC Addresses listed, you may want to run another command to see more details. In the Command Prompt, type the following command & press the Enter key: ipconfig/all
5. Details about the MAC Address & the Physical Address for ALL Ethernet Adapters, Wireless Adapters, & Tunnel Adapters will display.