While you can manage labels from the main screen in Gmail, it is easier to make multiple changes at once in Settings. Follow these instructions to adjust your labels to your liking:
- While logged into your Bishop O'Dowd email account, click on the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner, then click the button See all settings.
- Click the Labels tab and scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- To adjust whether you see the label in your left-hand menu, choose the option you would like under the heading Show in label list.
- To adjust whether you see the label on the email in your main screen, choose the option you would like under the heading Show in message list.
- To remove or edit a label, click the appropriate button under Actions.
For instructions on how to color-code a label, click here.
For instructions on how to automatically label incoming email, click here.