For faster login and ease of access, it is possible to save your Bishop O'Dowd Portal password to your web browser so that, in the future, it will autofill.
Important: Make your internet security a top priority. Save passwords sparingly, and never save a password that has access to sensitive information. This includes your Bishop O'Dowd Gmail account. We recommend you turn on two-step authentication for your email account and memorize its password in place of saving it.
In order to successfully save and access passwords on Chrome, the following needs to be true:
- You are signed into your school Gmail account in Chrome (Part B)
- You have the BOD Portal password saved to your Chrome profile
This article will take you through the second step. To save the BOD Portal password to your Chrome profile:
On a computer
- Check that you are signed into your school Gmail account on your computer's Chrome browser.
Note: You can check your profile in the top right corner of your Chrome browser. You should see the domain bishopodowd.org at the top and that sync is on. If you are not signed in, click Add and follow the onscreen directions to login to your BOD Gmail account.
- Navigate to login.bishopodowd.org on your computer's Chrome browser.
- Enter your login credentials then click Sign In.
- Chrome will prompt you to save the password in the upper right-hand corner of your screen. Check that the information is accurate and click Save.
Note: If you don't see a popup window, click the key on the right-hand side of your navigation bar. You can also check your password settings.
On an Android or iPhone Chrome browser
If you prefer to use Safari to navigate on an iPhone, follow the directions listed here.
- Check that you are signed into your school Gmail account on your phone's Chrome browser.
Note: Android phones typically require a Google login. If you used a personal account, you can save the BOD Portal password to your personal account without issue.
- Navigate to login.bishopodowd.org on your phone's Chrome browser.
- Enter your login credentials then tap Sign In.
- Chrome will prompt you to save the password at the bottom of your screen. Tap Save.
If you aren't prompted, check your password settings.
In the future, Chrome will autofill your username and password based on the information you saved. This will carry over to any device synced to your BOD Chrome profile.