Grading EdPuzzle videos is quick on Schoology and will go directly into the Schoology gradebook once ready.
Assigned Video with No Questions
If you assigned a video with no questions, Schoology and EdPuzzle will enter full credit once a student completes the video. The grade will appear in the gradebook by itself.
For students who only watched part of the video or didn't watch it at all, no score appears in the gradebook. You can view student progress by clicking on the assignment, then score manually as you see fit in the Schoology gradebook.
Assigned Video with Multiple Choice Only
If the video you assigned has multiple choice questions, Schoology and EdPuzzle will enter the multiple choice grade once a student completes the video. The grade will appear in the gradebook automatically.
For students who only watched part of the video or didn't watch it at all, no score appears in the gradebook, regardless of their scores on the questions. You can view student progress by clicking on the assignment, then enter a score yourself in the Schoology gradebook.
Assigned Video with Open-Ended Question(s)
For an EdPuzzle video that has open-ended questions, the grade won't be entered until you score the student responses.
1. Until you grade the responses, a lower score will appear in the gradebook. Make sure your students understand that grades will be updated after you score those questions.
2. Schoology will not notify you in the Reminders section that there are ungraded answers.
To grade the answers, follow these steps:
- Go to the Schoology course you wish to grade, then click on the EdPuzzle assignment.
- Click on # Answers to grade.
- Score the answers to the questions as you see fit. Once you have scored the questions here, the grades will automatically update in the Schoology gradebook.
Note: Grades only update when the student has completed watching the video.