PeerKonnect is a platform used by the Academic Support Peer Tutoring and the Counseling Department's Peer Counseling programs. In the system, you can search and schedule to meet with other students to review a rough draft, get guidance on a homework assignment, study for a test, or even talk about something that's been troubling you. Please create an account using the following steps:
- Go to this website to begin your PeerKonnect registration.
- Click Get Started!
- Select the Register tab.
- Enter your first name, last name, O'Dowd email, and choose a password.
- Select Student as the role.
- Click Register Now.
- Verify your account immediately: Check your O'Dowd email for a message from PeerKonnect Admin and click on the link to verify your account.
- Once you are verified, log into PeerKonnect.
- Complete your profile, including the classes you might want to be tutored in (e.g. "English 1" or "Algebra 2/Trig") and the counseling topics you might want to talk about (e.g. "Feeling stressed or anxious" or "Relationships with family or adults").
Note: Make sure that you check "I want to be a learner". Peer tutors and peer counselors go through a nomination process and training.