Just like texting, you can also chat with multiple contacts at once. Although it can take a long time to create a group chat with several members, it will save and be available in the future for easy access. Follow the directions below to send a chat message to multiple recipients.
Note: If you are constantly messaging a full group to plan events, complete tasks and more, consider creating a Google Space instead. Click here for more information about Google Spaces.
- Open the Chat app. Make sure you are in your school account and tap New Chat. (You can toggle accounts by tapping on the image in the top right corner.)
- Search for one person you would like to send the message to. In your school account, faculty, staff and students will auto-populate, so you may search by name. Then, tap on the name.
- In the message, tap on the Add People symbol.
- Search more names, tapping each one to add it to the group, until you have the full group. Then, tap Done.
- Write your message and send as you normally would. All group members will receive the message and be able to respond.