If you'd like to post an announcement on the O'Dowd TV screens (located in the cafe, annex, main entrance, and hallways), please follow the guidelines below to ensure timely announcement delivery:
- Dimensions. This refers to the height (1080 pixels) and width (1920 pixels) of the TV slide, which has a 16 to 9 ratio for width to height.
- Visual Design. Depending on the font, the average minimum text size for regular fonts is 24. For bolded text, minimum size is 20. To be on the safe side, go for a larger font (35-50).
- Content (if applicable). Include the 4Ws (who, what, where, when). If you need to include the "why", try to do it with images to avoid having too much text. Think of the announcement slide as a billboard.
- File Type. Save your design as a PNG or JPG.
- Recommended Tools. Canva, PiktoChart, Google Drawings, Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop